Congratulations on the finalists of the Panasonic Deep Tech Innovation Challenge 3!
Aroma Bit, Inc.
M.I. Cloud Technologies
Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
These are the terms and conditions of participation which govern the “Panasonic Deep Tech Innovation Challenge 4” (the “Challenge”). The Challenge requires participants (“Participants”) to develop business ideas utilizing Panasonic technologies. The Challenge is organised by Panasonic Intellectual Property Management Co., Ltd. (“Panasonic”) and Action Community for Entrepreneurship Ltd. (ACE) (collectively the “Organizers”).
The “Panasonic Deep Tech Innovation Challenge 4” consists of two stages – 1st stage and 2nd stage:
Participants will submit their ideas via the website (http://panasonic-dtic.com) for evaluation. Organizers will shortlist Participants for participation in the 2nd stage.
Such shortlisted Participants will further work on their solutions and Organizers will invite those Participants to make pitch presentation an event (Pitch Day).
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
By participating in the Challenge, Participants agree to the conditions stated below:
1. The Challenge is open to all except for current employees of Organizers who are involved in administering or organising the Challenge.
2. To participate in the Challenge, each Participant must have submitted their entry via the website (http://panasonic-dtic.com) before the close of the deadline. Each Participant is only allowed to submit one entry. Organizers reserves the right to extend the deadline of the submission at their discretion.
3. Organizers reserves the right to reject any incomplete or late submissions.
4. Each entry must be submitted by a Participant. Each Participant must select one of its members as a leader who will be the main contact point for Organizers and who is deemed to be authorised under Participant’s internal procedure to communicate with Organizers.
5. All ideas, models, plans, designs, drawings, photos, images, text etc. submitted must be original, are not in the public domain, and must not infringe or violate any law, right of any person or entity, nor contain material that infringes or violates any personal or intellectual property rights of any third party.
6. All Participants agree to indemnify, release, discharge and hold harmless Organizers, their affiliates, partners or representatives associated with this Challenge, from any claim, loss or damages which any of them may suffer as a result of any Challenge related activities, violation of any law, any right of any person or entity, infringement of the intellectual property rights of any third parties or breach of any of the terms and conditions of the Challenge, by any of the Participants.
CHALLENGE ENTRY SUBMISSIONS
1. All submissions must meet the following general conditions:
1) Be complete. Incomplete entries will be deemed invalid and disqualified
2) The content and any supporting materials must be acceptable for all viewing audiences. Acceptable deliverables are as follows: PPT and for videos mp4 or Youtube links. Any entry or any supporting materials that contains text, sound or images that Organizers (in their sole discretion and for any reason) regard as vulgar, offensive, or inappropriate for public viewing or publication on the internet, or that presents Organizers in negative light, will be automatically disqualified and/or removed at their sole discretion.
3) Be in the form that can be sent to other parties. Organizers may pass on any submissions to any groups within Organizers and/or other third parties involved in the operation, evaluation or judging of the Challenge.
2. By submitting an entry in this Challenge, Participants confirm that:
1) Their entry meets all requirements stated;
2) Their entry is their original work;
3) Their ideas submitted to the Challenge has not been previously displayed, exhibited, demonstrated or submitted to any other competition;
4) Their ideas submitted to the Challenge will not be displayed, exhibited, demonstrated or submitted to any other competition during the Challenge.
3. Any Challenge entry that does not fulfil any of the above conditions will be disqualified.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
1. All intellectual property rights developed by the Participants during the Challenge belong to the respective Participants; provided that the Participants may not, during the Challenge, use such intellectual property rights for any purpose other than the purpose of the Challenge. In the event Participants develop intellectual property rights using technology and/or Confidential Information which is disclosed by Panasonic, Participants shall immediately notify Panasonic and discuss about the treatment of such intellectual property rights.
Organizers reserves the right to freely use, develop and modify any solutions or inventions from the Challenge, including any intellectual property that is premised on any ideas or concepts submitted from the Participants, for any of Organizers purposes, including but not limited to, developing business ideas utilizing Panasonic technologies.
2. Panasonic may request Participants who are selected as winners in the 2nd stage to enter into a separate agreement, including but not limited, stipulation of intellectual property rights.
SELECTION OF IDEAS FOR 2nd STAGE
1. Organizers will shortlist Participants to participate in the 2nd Stage. Such shortlisted Participants will further work on their solutions and Organizers will invite those Participants to present at the Pitch Day.
2. The decision of the designated panel of judges by Organizers (Panel of Judges) on the shortlisted Participants is final and conclusive. Participants not shortlisted for the 2nd Stage will not carry on with the Challenge.
PARTICIPATION IN 2nd STAGE
1. Participants selected for the 2nd stage will be required to comply with the following:
a. Have at least one team member attend:
i. One Briefing Session by 17 November of 2022
ii. Pitch Day around 9 December of 2022
b. Submit assignments to the Organizers and adhere to deliverables requested by the Organisers
c. Follow-up with mentors appointed by Organizers on a regular basis
2. Organizers reserves the rights to vary or change the dates mentioned and the Participants are required to comply with the changes. Should the Participants fail to comply with the above, Organizers reserves the right to disqualify them.
PARTICIPATION IN THE PITCHDAY AND PRIZES
1. Teams participating in the Pitch Day will present their ideas to the Panel of Judges which may include but are not limited to Organizers.
2. The Prizes are as described in the site of Challenge 4.
3. Organizers reserves the right to substitute or withdraw or to award one or more or not award any prizes at all for the Challenge. The decision of Organizers will be final.
1. All Participants who are members of the shortlisted team(s) agree and consent to the public disclosure and use of their identities, including but not limited to names, images, voice and video recordings for publicity purposes, and to participate in the publicity activities in relation to the Challenge globally.
2. Organizers will have the right to use, display, and broadcast, modify, summarise and communicate any entries for the Challenge, including any intellectual property rights therein, to the public and to any entity in any and all media and form, and for any purpose whatsoever globally.
1. Information disclosed by Organizers for and in relation to the Challenge (“Confidential Information”) is considered confidential and strictly for the purpose of this Challenge. All Participants shall not: (1) disclose any Confidential Information to any person who is not a registered participant in their team, or (2) store and/or keep any Confidential Information in whatever form after the Challenge, or (3) commercialise any Confidential Information, without the express written consent of the owner of the Confidential Information.
2. Panasonic may request that each Participant execute a confidentiality/non-disclosure agreement for the purpose of entering into negotiations regarding the further development of the Participant’s project, as described in his/her Deliverable.
1. Organizers reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions of participation at any time at its absolute discretion without any further notice, including but not limited to the eligibility terms and criteria, the selection of winners, the timing of any act to be done and all Participants to this Challenge shall be bound by these amendments. The amended terms and conditions of participation will be made available on the Organizer’s Challenge microsite.
2. Unless otherwise agreed upon in writing, the Participants shall solely bear all costs and expenses incurred in participating in the Challenge.
3. Organizers shall not be liable for any claim or action for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever arising from the Challenge and acceptance of any prize.
4. Organizers reserves the right at any time and in their absolute discretion to cancel or modify the Challenge without prior notice without any liability to the Participants.
5. Organizers will not be held responsible for (i) any damage, loss or injury suffered by any Participant as a result of taking part in the Challenge or (ii) for the safe custody, return, non-delivery or missing of entries, late, misdirected, problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Participants’ or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Challenge.
6. Participants need to fully read, understand and accept the Terms & Conditions of Participation in the Panasonic Deep Tech Innovation Challenge 4 in order to participate in the Challenge. By clicking “I Agree” button on the submission page, Participants agree that they have fully read, understood and are bound by such terms and conditions.